Van Geloven B.V. (“Van Geloven”) announced today its intention to take over a segment of the brand portfolio of Royaan BV. As a result of the acquisition, a part of both the foodservice and retail activities of Royaan will be transferred to Van Geloven.
The brands being taken over are: Van Dobben, Kwekkeboom (fried products segment, via a branding license), and the foodservice brands Laan, Willie Dokter and KB. In addition to the brands, three factories in Oostzaan, Wijk bij Duurstede (Hogemaat location) and Beuningen are to be taken over by Van Geloven.
Buitenfood BV (the holding behind Royaan BV) is selling its shares in Royaan BV to Van Geloven to concentrate on the further expansion of the Kwekkeboom Oven business, which has already partially been brought under the business NewForrest B.V. The brand Buitenhuis will also remain in the portfolio of NewForrest B.V.
The involved parties expect it will take the remainder of the year to finalize the transaction. The relevant Works Councils and trade unions have been informed of the plans. As of yet, nothing will change for customers and suppliers of Royaan BV. They will be informed in the coming weeks of what the transaction entails for them.
Atlas Advisors has acted as a financial advisor on four consecutive transactions regarding Van Geloven:
- The sale of Ad van Geloven by Egeria (July 2008)
- The sale of Van Geloven by Lion Capital and Avedon Capital Partners (March 2015)
- The sale of Van Geloven by TowerBrook Capital Partners
- The acquisition of Swinkels Snackery & Backery by Van Geloven
- The acquisition of a segment of Royaan BV’s brand portfolio by Van Geloven, announced today
This transaction highlights several of Atlas Advisors’ key strengths:
- In-depth knowledge of the global food and beverage industry
- Advising on multiple consecutive transactions
- Commitment to advising leading consumer products companies, with seamless execution across a wide range of transactions
- Strong relationship client base. This is the seventh transaction involving McCain Foods; prior transactions include the acquisition of Lutosa in Belgium and CélaVita in the Netherlands
- Longstanding commitment to and presence in the Netherlands / Benelux markets, with 27 transactions either closed or announced
Atlas Advisors is the marketing name for Atlas Advisors, LLC and Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC. Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC provides financial advisory services in connection with mergers, acquisitions and other similar transactions. Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Atlas Advisors, LLC and a member of the FINRA.
None of the information contained in this release constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities, futures, options or other financial instruments or provide any investment advice or service.