Van Geloven B.V. (“Van Geloven”) announced today their acquisition of Swinkels Snackery & Backery. The transaction fits well within Van Geloven’s international growth strategy where it believes there is a strong opportunity for cheese products. Furthermore, this acquisition strengthens Van Geloven’s position within the Dutch foodservice market, increasing its capabilities to further develop the market.
Atlas Advisors has acted as a financial advisor on four consecutive transactions regarding Van Geloven:
- The sale of Ad van Geloven by Egeria (July 2008)
- The sale of Van Geloven by Lion Capital and Avedon Capital Partners (March 2015)
- The sale of Van Geloven by TowerBrook Capital Partners
- The acquisition of Swinkels Snackery & Backery by Van Geloven, announced today
This transaction highlights several of Atlas Advisors’ key strengths:
- In-depth knowledge of the global food and beverage industry
- Advising on multiple consecutive transactions
- Commitment to advising leading consumer products companies, with seamless execution across a wide range of transactions
- Strong relationship client base. This is the seventh transaction involving McCain Foods; prior transactions include the acquisition of Lutosa in Belgium and CélaVita in the Netherlands
- Longstanding commitment to and presence in the Netherlands / Benelux markets, with 26 transactions either closed or announced
Atlas Advisors is the marketing name for Atlas Advisors, LLC and Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC. Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC provides financial advisory services in connection with mergers, acquisitions and other similar transactions. Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Atlas Advisors, LLC and a member of the FINRA.
None of the information contained in this release constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities, futures, options or other financial instruments or provide any investment advice or service.