Atlas Advisors advised Groupe Danone in the establishment of a joint venture with Arcor in South America

Excerpt of Press Release by Groupe Danone

Groupe DANONE and ARCOR Group announced today they have signed an agreement to merge their biscuits activities in Argentina, Brazil and Chile, thereby creating South American leading player in this market.

Groupe DANONE will own 49% of the new company, with the other 51% held by the ARCOR Group, which will take responsibility for the company’s operational management. The joint venture will represent sales of more than 250 million Euros for production of 255,000 tonnes, and will occupy strong positions in Argentina (n°1) and Brazil (n°2) and Chile (n° 3).

Groupe DANONE is the world leader in Fresh Dairy Products and Bottled Water (in terms of volumes), and joint world leader in the Biscuits market. In 2003, it posted sales of 13,131 million Euros. In South America, Groupe DANONE is firmly established in Argentina (n°1 in fresh dairy products, n° 1 in bottled water, n°2 in biscuits), in Brazil (n°1 in fresh dairy products, n°3 in biscuits) and in Uruguay (n°1 in bottled water). It also owns a 30% stake in Galletas Noel, leader in the Columbian biscuits market.

The ARCOR Group is the world’s leading candy manufacturer. Specialized in confectionery, chocolates, cookies and foodstuffs, it holds 31 plants in Latin America and exports to 115 countries across the five continents. The ARCOR Group employs 13,000 people in Latin America, and in 2003 posted turnover of $810 million.

This transaction is subject to approval by the Argentine, Brazilian and Chilean antitrust authorities.

Atlas Advisors acted as exclusive financial advisor to Groupe Danone in connection with this transaction.

Atlas Advisors is the marketing name for Atlas Advisors, LLC and Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC. Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC provides financial advisory services in connection with mergers, acquisitions and other similar transactions. Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Atlas Advisors, LLC and a member of the FINRA.

None of the information contained in this release constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by Atlas Strategic Advisors, LLC or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities, futures, options or other financial instruments or provide any investment advice or service.